Here is located actual, always up-to-date, Bitcoin blockchain
that can be fast
downloaded via torrent.
In which cases you need to download Bitcoin blockchain?
- when you need to get full Bitcoin node
- when you installing wallet like Bitcoin Core to new device
- if you do not want to wait a few days (or weeks?) until blockchain synchronizes
- if your blockchain was crashed and you need get it back to normal fast
Actual Bitcoin blockchain have size 197.12 GB and located in two torrent seeds:
(monthly update) contain:
- folder blockchain\blocks
- files in folder blocks:
- blk00000.dat - blk01357.dat
- rev00000.dat - rev01357.dat
- torrent updated on the first day of each month
(daily update) contain:
- folder blockchain\blocks\index
- folder blockchain\chainstate
- files in folder blockchain:
- banlist.dat, fee_estimates.dat, peers.dat
- files in folder blockchain\chainstate:
- full set of actual *******.ldb and MANIFEST****** files
- LOG, LOCK, CURRENT
- files in folder blockchain\blocks:
- blk01358.dat - blk00***.dat
- rev01358.dat - rev00***.dat
- files in folder blockchain\blocks\index:
- full set of actual *****.ldb and *****.sst files
- MANIFEST*****, LOG, LOCK, CURRENT
- torrent updated every 24 hours at 1:00 a.m. UTC+02:00
How this work:
- Make sure that you have last version of Bitcoin Wallet (tested with Bitcoin Core 15.1) and at least 200 GB free space in destination disk.
- Download blockchain.torrent and when it finish please not stop the torrent seed, and let other people to
download it also. Files in this torrent is unchangeable, so you can let it in torrent seed. You get the
- After blockchain.torrent download 100% complete – start download update.torrent.
After finish - move all data from update to blockchain folder, if they are not already there.
- If you already have transactions in your wallet (or have non zero balance) copy your old
file wallet.dat to blockchain folder.
Make the new shortcut for bitcoin-qt.exe with next parameters:
Make sure that you set correct destination for datadir and
replace path 'D:\blockchain' to your downloaded blockchain folder if
needed. Start the program using shortcut. If you use your old wallet.dat and don't see your balance run
-rescan command in console to restore your actual balance.
- If this was helpful to you, send some donation to support this project. If you are founder of
any cryptocurrency service - feel free to contact and put the advertising.
Support this service!